RegisterLog In

Definition of overtime and scenario

kennyk
Thu, 18 Jun 2015 05:16:53 PM  (Last updated: Fri, 19 Jun 2015 02:01:28 PM)

Hi KL Siew,

i have read thru the act 60A and the overtime section and i am still confuse on it, i hope you can advice me on the following question

1. if my company appointment letter has clearly stated on the working hours as below.

NORMAL WORKING HOURS; WORK DAYS AND REST DAYS

Normal working hours                : ___48__ hours per week.
Normal rest time                         : ___60__ minutes per day.
Number of work days per week  :  i. Monday to Friday (7.30 a.m. to 4.30 p.m.).

ii. Saturday                (7.30 a.m. to 4.30 p.m.).      

SCENARIO 1,

if employee takes 1st half leave (Annual leave/medical leave/ unpaid leave) and he only shows up to work from 12pm, and he works until 6.30pm. Does he entitled for 2 hours of OT claim? (since the appointment letter clearly stated the working hours)

SCENARIO 2,

NORMAL WORKING HOURS; WORK DAYS AND REST DAYS

Normal working hours                : ___48__ hours per week.
Normal rest time                         : ___60__ minutes per day.
Number of work days per week  :  i. Monday to Friday (8 hours of work).

ii. Saturday                (8 hours of work).      

if employee takes 1st half leave (Annual leave/medical leave/ unpaid leave) and he only shows up to work from 12pm, and he works until 6.30pm. Does he entitled for OT claim? (since the appointment letter only stated 8 hours of work perday)

KL Siew
Administrator
Fri, 19 Jun 2015 08:03:56 AM

To me, I wouldn't be interested in the half day leave. As long as the number of working hours per day is not over 8 or over 48 per week, there will not be and OT.

kennyk
Fri, 19 Jun 2015 12:05:40 PM
Thanks Siew. I just speak to the labour officer in subang jaya. After the discussion and the officer seek double confirmation from the superior, and it turns out they stilk ask me to continue to pay for the OT. (Kinda frustrated!...)
KL Siew
Administrator
Fri, 19 Jun 2015 01:27:27 PM

In that case, you follow the ruling of the Labour Office. Alternatively, what you can just not to require that staff to work beyond 4.30 after the half day leave, that's all.

kennyk
Fri, 19 Jun 2015 02:01:28 PM

thanks siew!

appreciated ur advice.

sometimes juz dunno why they come out the rule differently..

This topic is closed