RegisterLog In

Off day on Public Holiday

iza
Thu, 30 Apr 2015 02:22:59 PM  (Last updated: Thu, 30 Apr 2015 04:02:46 PM)

Hi,

I have been reading all other entries related to public holiday and off day. Here i just want to confirm my understanding on this topic. 

I am paid monthly basic RM 1900, work 8 hours per day for 6 days a week. Sunday is my OFF day. So this coming Wesak day fall on Sunday. If i work on Monday, is it i will be pad according to PH rate (double and triple for extra hours)?

I am a fresh graduates and still learning with regards of this matter. Hope to get feedback from you. Thank you.

KL Siew
Administrator
Thu, 30 Apr 2015 02:42:45 PM

Not all companies select all public holidays as the company's holidays. So, find out from your HR whether Wisak day is one of the company's selected holiday. If it is not one, you may not get a replacement on Monday. If it is a holiday of the company, you should get double if required to work on Monday.

iza
Thu, 30 Apr 2015 04:02:46 PM
Originally posted by KL Siew on Thu, 30 Apr 2015 02:42:45 PM

Not all companies select all public holidays as the company's holidays. So, find out from your HR whether Wisak day is one of the company's selected holiday. If it is not one, you may not get a replacement on Monday. If it is a holiday of the company, you should get double if required to work on Monday.

Thank you very much for your reply. I really appreciate it. 

This topic is closed