RegisterLog In

Staff MIA

pira
Wed, 11 Mar 2015 10:22:43 PM  (Last updated: Thu, 19 Mar 2015 08:51:14 AM)
Hi,I just want to clarify a thing happened to me recently,if let say a staff MIA from his work for 5 days directly and the company still haven`t pay the salary for the previous month,it seems they hold the salary of the staff because missing.The salary pay out date is suppose to be latest by 7th of every month,but past 2 months the company pay out the salary late..etc like on 10th..The staff signed for 1 year contract with the company,so its stated in the agreement that the staff need to give 1 month resignation letter to the staff to resign..is it possible the staff can claim the salary from the company?Need a suggestion pls?
KL Siew
Administrator
Thu, 12 Mar 2015 09:23:15 AM

I am not quite sure what was going on but since you asked whether she could claim against the company, I would yes, she could.

pira
Thu, 12 Mar 2015 10:57:02 AM
Originally posted by KL Siew on Thu, 12 Mar 2015 09:23:15 AM

I am not quite sure what was going on but since you asked whether she could claim against the company, I would yes, she could.

So,whats the procedure the staff need to do to claim backhis previous month salary..Can u advise me?
KL Siew
Administrator
Thu, 12 Mar 2015 10:59:17 AM

The staff can personally go to the Labour Department and make a claim there.

pira
Wed, 18 Mar 2015 05:59:31 PM
Ok,as the staff called the HR person,he informed that as per labour law procedure,if the staff want to resign,they require 1 month notice,if the staff failed to do so or MIA from duty,they claimed that they got the rights to dont pay the staff for the salary of the previous month.But the problem is the salary should enter by 7th of each month as per the contract,but they hold the salary on 9th and their reason was the staff MIA from work..So,can the staff get his rights take to take action against the company?Pls do advise me,tq
KL Siew
Administrator
Thu, 19 Mar 2015 08:51:14 AM

Make the complaint and let the Labour Department decide as to who is right and who is not.

This topic is closed