RegisterLog In

Resignation from contractor and not allowed to join client team

An Employee
Mon, 09 Mar 2015 01:24:26 PM  (Last updated: Wed, 11 Mar 2015 02:40:12 PM)

Hi,

I am currently working in Company M. The company has a project and appointed as main consultant and general contractor for Client ( Company A). However i received an offer from Client's Consultant ( Company B) before I engaged with this Client A. I am still being asked to charge my working hours with another Client ( Company C) and to work on with the Company A project. My company is not allowing me to resign and join the Client Consultant team. Is my company allowed to do this?

They have been dragging this for quite sometime and I need to answer my prospective employer soon.My company has sent a notification to Company A that Company B has intend to acquire my services and they are not agreeable to this. The client ( Company A) seems to have no issue of me joining their appointed consultant. The company threatened me that they will make sure that I will not in that project if join Company B. Is this allowed? Kindly advise.

KL Siew
Administrator
Mon, 09 Mar 2015 02:49:22 PM

In other words,  B intends to compete with M  for the job in company A and B wants you. That is pretty "unfriendly" for B to do that, isn't it?  Anywhere, I think it is up to you to decide what is best for you and whether you want to heed the  treat of B and be prepared to face whatever consequences legal or otherwise or not. If there were to be legal implications involved, I think it would be better for you to consult a lawyer.

An Employee
Mon, 09 Mar 2015 07:05:07 PM
Originally posted by KL Siew on Mon, 09 Mar 2015 02:49:22 PM

In other words,  B intends to compete with M  for the job in company A and B wants you. That is pretty "unfriendly" for B to do that, isn't it?  Anywhere, I think it is up to you to decide what is best for you and whether you want to heed the  treat of B and be prepared to face whatever consequences legal or otherwise or not. If there were to be legal implications involved, I think it would be better for you to consult a lawyer.

Hi KL Siew,

Thanks for the reply. Actually Company B is already an appointed contractor by the Client A as their Client Rep. Company B to monitor/supervise the job by Company M awarded by Company A. Company B represent the Client( Company A).

KL Siew
Administrator
Tue, 10 Mar 2015 09:33:12 AM

I see, no wonder why M is so unhappy. Well, you have to decide what is best for yourself.

An Employee
Tue, 10 Mar 2015 12:24:40 PM

Thanks for the reply KL Siew.

Ar
Wed, 11 Mar 2015 02:40:11 PM

Hi, here share my friend and my experience

First, will the company B staff will threat you nice and friendly when you are become their real staff?

Second, my answer is not. They will bullying you until you resign. They don't do like that, they will immediately terminate from their boss. (most boss like to use new worker to replace old worker). Then just give the non real situation as excuse on the letter.

Third, the company B may direct you doing lots of illegal things. You have no choice and have to follow it.

Fourth, if the company B is a good company, I'm sure the labour contractor will provide the offer from contract to permanent.

Just look on other side, the contractor is protecting us and help us solve the[ boss like to do on the employee eventually some trap is legal grey area] and guarantee contribute EPF and Socso to us.

My conclusion is worked with labour agent, you may not get the termination benefit but you have worked with your life peacefully. But you can choose whatever job you like, no one will scold you because they know you are on contract. Does not threaten their position.

This topic is closed