RegisterLog In

Resignation during Probation (Employer does not honor Agreement)

joey
Sat, 28 Feb 2015 02:05:50 PM  (Last updated: Sat, 28 Feb 2015 06:07:41 PM)

After I was interviewed, my Employer (Sdn Bhd Company) verbally agreed to pay the sum of RM5000 and to commence work at such a date.

However, on the first day of work, I was not given the Letter of Employment, and the employer said that he will only pay me RM5000 after 3 months of probation. And he reduced my salary drastically to RM3000. After repeatedly requested for a proper Letter of Offer, he reluctantly gave me the letter.

Now, after 3 months of probationary period, my Employer again dishonor his verbal agreement even though I have performed my work with highest productivity and taken no sick leaves nor any leaves.

I decided to move on, but it was written in the contract to serve one-month notice before I resign.

Question: Should I honor the agreement, if the Employer dishonor his verbal agreement and repeatedly abuse the worker by empty promises? Please advise. Thanks

KL Siew
Administrator
Sat, 28 Feb 2015 06:07:40 PM

You may have to give one month notice as per the written contract of service. Verbal agreement may be difficult to prove, it could be just your words against his. You don't want him to claim a month salary from you as indemnity if you leave without giving notice.

This topic is closed