RegisterLog In

Tender resignation letter in advance as manager will be on leave

Cheer
Tue, 10 Feb 2015 02:46:48 PM  (Last updated: Tue, 10 Feb 2015 03:02:20 PM)

I intend to tender right after CNY on 23rd Feb but my manager will be on a long leave during that period and won't be back until early March. Can I tender the letter to my manager with the letter dated in the future and effective date in the future? 

Eg. I submit letter on 18th Feb but my letter is dated 23rd Feb and effective date is 23rd Feb. 

I can't wait for manager to come back from the long leave as I will have accepted another company's offer to join them in late March which is just nice if I tender on 23rd Feb and serve 1 month's notice. 

Please advise. Thanks.

Cheer
Tue, 10 Feb 2015 02:52:00 PM

p.s. Can I tell manager verbally then officially pass letter to HR on 23rd Feb? Or just pass to manager and let manager pass to HR in advance?

I don't wish to bypass manager and straight submit to HR as it seems a bit disrespectful without informing manager who is my direct reporting head.

KL Siew
Administrator
Tue, 10 Feb 2015 03:02:17 PM

Actually, the proper way to do is to personally give the termination notice to the HR department and then you can tell your manager about it. It is no disrespectful to the manager that way.

This topic is closed