RegisterLog In

misconduct by 2 departments

melissa
Wed, 04 Feb 2015 09:59:13 AM  (Last updated: Wed, 04 Feb 2015 10:19:31 AM)

Hi,

I have received a complaint and on initial investigation, it was found dept A and dept B was involved.  I found that dept A employee (operator level) are the one who made the mistake but dept B employee (above operator level) supposedly has checked and verify the product. Dept A decided to suspend it's employee but dept B decided to not take any action towards it's employee. This is considered as a major misconduct.

Is it possible to issue show cause/suspend employee in dept B even if dept B decide to settle it within its department?

Is it ok to charge the dept A employee only even if I suspect dept B employee is also involved?  

Michael
Contributor
Wed, 04 Feb 2015 10:19:30 AM

This case is similar to the one I had few months ago. To be fair & just, all the related parties was issued with a warning letter.

In your case, if only A suffers the consequences then there's no justice in this case. Besides, the same problem will tend to rise again because the other party have the impression that they can escape from disciplinary action.

Eventually, the Company will be the one who is suffering from the losses caused by the employees who never learn their lesson. 

This topic is closed