RegisterLog In

Former Employer take back the cash salary and postpone 3 times didn't attend the meeting at the labour department

Ar
Fri, 19 Dec 2014 12:19:26 AM  (Last updated: Sun, 21 Dec 2014 12:35:42 PM)

Dear Sir/Madam,

My relatives B work as clerk with a construction company with salary RM1500 permonth (stated in the appointment letter). The appointment letter was given on the 2nd day of the start working date after B requested the letter.

The claim salary in the range of RM400-RM500.

On the 1st time meeting, the employer gave the excuses: didn't receive letter of notice on Nov.

On the 2nd time meeting, the employer gave the postpone letter on Dec after the B has attend in the Labour Court.

On the 3rd time meeting, the employer gave the excuses: the date only within 7 days, they are unable to prepare documents.

Here's my question:

1) Is the labour officer must give notice within 14 days to the employer even the employer already delay 3 times? If they don't do so, the employer can sue them to the High Court?

2) According to the Court Acts, does the employer has the right to delay from 2014 to 2015, 2015 to 2016, 2017 to 2018?

3) Is it the labour officer can't take action on this part? The employer didn't obey the Labour Officer instructions?

4) Does have the limited times to the employer who like to delay??? According to the court acts?

5) Is it the complainer can still get the claim money back if the employer suddenly admitted/deceased?

6) May you post the Labour Court procedures, High Court procedures, Session Court procedures, so we all can learn.

Thank you.

KL Siew
Administrator
Fri, 19 Dec 2014 08:33:30 AM

I can only suggest that you attend the next session at the Labour Department with your relatiive. Talk to the officer and find out the actual causes of the delay. Normally, the Labour Department would not want to delay the case without valid reasons.

You may read up Part 15 of the Employment Act about procedure.

Ar
Fri, 19 Dec 2014 06:05:48 PM
Originally posted by KL Siew on Fri, 19 Dec 2014 08:33:30 AM

I can only suggest that you attend the next session at the Labour Department with your relatiive. Talk to the officer and find out the actual causes of the delay. Normally, the Labour Department would not want to delay the case without valid reasons.

You may read up Part 15 of the Employment Act about procedure.

Thank you very much.

By the way, the employer didn't make contribute EPF & SOCSO.

The reason as per written on the 1st meeting till 3rd meeting.

KL Siew
Administrator
Sat, 20 Dec 2014 09:38:22 AM

For EPF and SOCSO you have to report the matter to the two organizations concerned.

Ar
Sun, 21 Dec 2014 12:35:42 PM
Originally posted by KL Siew on Sat, 20 Dec 2014 09:38:22 AM

For EPF and SOCSO you have to report the matter to the two organizations concerned.

Thank you.

This topic is closed