RegisterLog In

WRITTEN NOTICE OR SALARY IN LIEU OF NOTICE

HK06
Fri, 12 Dec 2014 10:08:18 PM  (Last updated: Sat, 13 Dec 2014 12:01:02 PM)

Hi, 

I am working less then two years. I want to clarify about my company's notice of termination in my confirmation letter. Is return on my part, Twelve weeks written notice or salary in lieu of notice and on the company part four weeks written notice or salary in lieu of notice. I got better offer and plan to resign in one month but the company ask me to pay for two months salary which my salary is less than 1500. I am not afford to pay. My company didn't pay KWSP in order.

My x colleague, many of them has given resignation letter with 1 month notice or 3 months notice was treated so badly. I am confused and need help.  

Kindly give me advise.

Thanks.

KL Siew
Administrator
Sat, 13 Dec 2014 08:45:19 AM

First, you have to read the appointment letter again to see what is the notice period for resignation written there. If it is 4 weeks, you have to give 4 weeks notice or 4 weeks salary in lieu. If it is 2 months, you have to give two months notice. If nothing is written in the appointment letter, you have to give 4 weeks notice based on the Employment Act.

HK06
Sat, 13 Dec 2014 10:51:39 AM
Originally posted by KL Siew on Sat, 13 Dec 2014 08:45:19 AM

First, you have to read the appointment letter again to see what is the notice period for resignation written there. If it is 4 weeks, you have to give 4 weeks notice or 4 weeks salary in lieu. If it is 2 months, you have to give two months notice. If nothing is written in the appointment letter, you have to give 4 weeks notice based on the Employment Act.

my offer letter says that i have to notify the company prior to my resignation 12 weeks or salary in lieu,  is it lawful that i have to pay 2 months salary cash when i give 1 month notice ? 

KL Siew
Administrator
Sat, 13 Dec 2014 12:01:02 PM

Yes, you have to pay one month salary lieu if you only gave 1 month notice.

This topic is closed