RegisterLog In

Employment letter, hospitalisation leave and weekend working

Tracieywk
Thu, 11 Dec 2014 09:03:43 PM  (Last updated: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 09:40:12 PM)
I've been working in the audit line for three years. My salary is rm3k.The audit firm I work in is just a small firm consisting of only few auditor. I met to an accident and broke total of three fingers on both hand. My doctor had been giving me mc and it is impossible for me to work for perhaps some period. I've tried to talk to my boss and according to my employment letter, he mentioned that there is no hospitalisation leave. Hence after all my medical and annual leave had been deducted, he will start deduct my salary. Is this right?Another thing is that due to certain arrangement, we are now required to work for several hours on sunday for several days. Company is compensating those involves a day leave. Is this reasonable? I have been checking with friends and sites but getting different response. Hope to get a correct and genuine answer so I can have another discussion to get my rights if I'm not treated rightly. Thank you.
KL Siew
Administrator
Thu, 11 Dec 2014 09:40:12 PM

1. Your salary is more than RM2000 and as such, you are not covered by the Employment Act.

2. It is true that you have finished taking all available sick leave, whatever in excess will be no pay leave.

3. Since you are not covered by the EA, it is quite OK for the company to give you replacement leave for the number of hours you have worked on rest days.

This topic is closed