RegisterLog In

Unpaid leave salary calculation

Girlie
Wed, 03 Dec 2014 04:44:13 PM  (Last updated: Wed, 03 Dec 2014 06:14:16 PM)

Hi,

I would like to get an advice regarding the unpaid leave salary calculation.

This is regarding my previous work place that I only joined them for 5 months (May 12 till Oct 11). During the employment period, I took unpaid leave and I noticed that the calculation was inconsistent for the particular months as per scenario below :

- I joined in 12 May - payslip shown basic*working days / 31 days

- In July - payslip shown basic*working days / 27 days

- In Oct - payslip shown basic*working days / 31 days

May I know, can the calculation for the dividing working days be vary? Is there any fixed formula OR policy regarding the calculation of unpaid salary especially the working days part?

Thank you.

KL Siew
Administrator
Wed, 03 Dec 2014 05:07:36 PM

I think that is something you have to seek clarification from your HR department.

About unpaid leave, there is no formula. Each company may have different ways of doing it.

Girlie
Wed, 03 Dec 2014 05:13:57 PM
Originally posted by KL Siew on Wed, 03 Dec 2014 05:07:36 PM

I think that is something you have to seek clarification from your HR department.

About unpaid leave, there is no formula. Each company may have different ways of doing it.

I have checked with them when came to July calculation as it was different from the month of May. But the HR only gave me the simple answer sound like this :

"We are calculate 31 for new staff in first month the staff joined, the rest of the month is divided by working days"

KL Siew
Administrator
Wed, 03 Dec 2014 06:14:16 PM

Anyway, from the examples given by you, I do think the methods used are quite questionable. Why not you bring the matter up with the Labour Department and get an official opinion.

This topic is closed