RegisterLog In

Termination because of supplier warranty claim matter

Azmie68
Fri, 28 Nov 2014 04:40:07 PM  (Last updated: Sat, 29 Nov 2014 11:10:58 AM)

Dear Sir,

This morning during our monthly meeting, the company COO have warned me that if I am not able to claim back the warranty claim amount of RM 1,664.20 from the supplier by 19th Dec. 2014 he will sack me immediately. He have even called upon our HR Manager to prepare the Termination Letter accordingly. So is this a right thing to do? I am a Warranty Manager and definitely it is my responsibility to handle all warranty claim matters, however before a warranty claim can be claimed therefore the case need to be investigated first by the supplier and do a proper investigation with report to proof either the claim part is faulty or not. Once if proven, then I can officially make the necessary claim accordingly as per agreed in the warranty agreement. The issue here is can a COO of the company is a making a threads on me in this kind of manner before the case is still under investigation and he wants me to get the company money back from the supplier the soonest possible before the matter is being proven and if I failed to do so then I will be sack / terminated. Please advice on how should I handle this case, looking forward to be hearing from you soon.

Regards,

KL Siew
Administrator
Sat, 29 Nov 2014 08:27:47 AM

There is nothing to stop the officer to issue warnings. You may take action if they really terminate your service. The Industrial Relations Department is the place where you can seek redress.

Azmie68
Sat, 29 Nov 2014 10:15:05 AM
Originally posted by KL Siew on Sat, 29 Nov 2014 08:27:47 AM

There is nothing to stop the officer to issue warnings. You may take action if they really terminate your service. The Industrial Relations Department is the place where you can seek redress.

Dear KS Liew,Thank you very much for your reply and advice. Can you kindly provide me the contact details of the Industrial Relation Department and also what are the documentation that I should bring along when filing a case. Appreciate for your feedback soon. Regards.
KL Siew
Administrator
Sat, 29 Nov 2014 11:10:58 AM

Try to look for it here.

This topic is closed