RegisterLog In

Offset MY Unused Balance Annual Leave

Jax
Tue, 25 Nov 2014 06:19:16 PM  (Last updated: Mon, 01 Dec 2014 04:12:00 PM)

Hi There,

My company sent an email regarding the Bonus 2013. At the same time, the email mentioned that the company will offset my unused Annual Leave. 

Following is the email details:-

“As you may aware, you have been rewarded with Annual Bonus for your past year performance. You may lose something Good, but you have gained something Better. As such, your Annual Bonus scheme has been used to offset your unused balance Annual Leave as of this 31th December 2014. However you may still entitle to utilize your AL until this 31th December 2014 subject to your superior’s approval.”

1) I wondering does they have the right to offset my Annual Leave as mention as above? FYI, referring to Employee Handbook, employee allowed to carry forward a maximum 7 days un-taken leave to the next calendar year.

2) In the worst case, if I tender for now. Do I untitled to compensation of my unused Annual Leave? Or do I untitled clear in the notice period (2 months notice)?

Remark

** In 2013, my superior ask me to carry forward my Annual Leave to 2014 due to lack of man power.

** I have 14.5 days unused leave up to today.

Hope to hear from you asap. Many thanks

Best Regards,

Jax

KL Siew
Administrator
Wed, 26 Nov 2014 08:30:38 AM

What sort of practice is that! I can only advice you to bring the matter with the Labour Department. Next time, try to clear all your available leave whenever possible. Don't bring forward any.

Jax
Mon, 01 Dec 2014 04:12:00 PM

Hi There,

Thanks for your advice.

I had talked with the management and they really give me an astonishing answers. However, i have fight back what should I have. 

Best Regards,

This topic is closed