RegisterLog In

Probationer resignation & Annual leave entitlement

Soo
Tue, 04 Nov 2014 11:14:45 AM  (Last updated: Tue, 04 Nov 2014 01:55:05 PM)

Hi there,

I m a assistant manager of 1 of the local company and I've been working with this company for a year, but i have not received any confirmation, there were no increment nor extension probation letter after my service of 6 months. I would like to resign from the company now, there are few things i would like to get some answer.

1. From my contract :-

"During the probationary period, the employment may be terminated by either party giving 24 hours notice in writing or the payment of 1 day's salary in lieu"

I've check with HR, her response was, "by right should be 24 hours, but is better if could give 2 weeks notice for the company to find someone to replace"

>> Q : Based on my contract, is it fine to inform my superior with 24 hours notice?

2. From my contract :-

"After completing 1 year service, the employee is entitled to annual leave with full pay as follow :- less than 2 years - 8 days. "

According to my HR, i am not a confirm staff, i'm not entitled for any annual leave.

>> Q : If i resign now, will i be getting the 8 days annual leave ? If not, what can i do ? 

Thanks for looking into it for me.

KL Siew
Administrator
Tue, 04 Nov 2014 01:55:05 PM

Since that two are written terms and conditions, they are valid and you can follow accordingly. I don't think there should be other interpretations. In short, notice period can be 24 hours and leave entitlement not to start after confirmation since it was not stated so.

This topic is closed