RegisterLog In

Final Salary overdue almost 1 year ago.

Tue, 04 Nov 2014 05:12:09 AM  (Last updated: Tue, 04 Nov 2014 01:37:45 PM)


I need help on this matter, I've resigned from being a director from my previous new partnering company with partner almost 1 year ago (October 2013), however I've yet to receive my final salary until now, she is now giving me all sort of reasons delaying, but she agreed to pay my salary, I have it in black & white via email, and until further notice, can she drag me so long? the reasons she's giving me are as per below: 

1) the consequences of non-compliance of the statutory matters not done while I was driving the company as an event director. 

2) you know how long govt offices take to resolve matters

3) Unknown penalties/summons/etc until further notice.

Based on my experience with SSM,  my personal encounter from the previous company, SSM will send any summon letter via mail, one to the company and another one to the director’s home, to ensure they receive it, normally within 3 to 6 months after the year closes. Therefore, if, there’s any summons from SSM, she will already found out about it. Eventhough, we were partnering but I'm still a consider a staff of the company with paying salary. How do I go about getting back my final salary? salary 4.8k. Can I sue or report to JTK, to get my salary back? Right now, I'm not sure if the company is still there or has been closed down, after my resignation. But besides this new company, she is also another reputable event company owner/director for many years.

Please, i really need help....

rgrds, TSL

Tue, 04 Nov 2014 05:32:44 AM

And, should I go the LHDN and SSM to print out the company account and bring to JTK to proof she's been delaying my salary. But in actual fact, after my resignation, and she agreed on the resignation, I should not be liable already for the summons/penalties that is posted by SSM & LHDN, right?

KL Siew
Tue, 04 Nov 2014 01:37:45 PM

I think you still bring the matter up with JTK but you must work out the details of the amount their owed you and produce whatever proof you have. i

  This topic is closed