RegisterLog In

salary deduction for lateness @ absent

kaynoah
Mon, 03 Nov 2014 11:42:19 AM  (Last updated: Tue, 11 Nov 2014 01:22:28 PM)

dear admin,

I have serious issues in overcoming lateness @ absent issue in my company. i'm working in HR, we're thinking of imposing the rules of deducting salary to those late coming to work @ absent. most who did this are the senior staff. though i've issued warning letter, still no changes. will i face legal issue if we impose such terms? pleaseee advise me on how can i implement it in a safest way.

SW
Mon, 03 Nov 2014 02:52:04 PM

HI,

I have a question, if the Offer Letter did not state anything regarding deduction from wage for lateness, can I bring forward the case to Labor Law? Wage is RM900. Can I still forward this case if I am no longer an employee of the company? 

Will greatly appreciate some advice. Thank you!

KL Siew
Administrator
Mon, 03 Nov 2014 03:49:50 PM

Kaynoah,

If you have punch card to prove lateness for work, I think you can go ahead. Meanwhile, I still think you should bring the matter (their coming late) to the attention of top management.

SW

I think you can forget about it. I don't think the Labour Department will ask the employer to pay you for coming late.

kaynoah
Mon, 10 Nov 2014 04:27:51 PM

tq admin 

may
Tue, 11 Nov 2014 11:23:07 AM
Dear Admin,Is it rightful to issue warning letter with salary deduction on late coming and absenteeism?
KL Siew
Administrator
Tue, 11 Nov 2014 01:22:28 PM

If it is not rightful, the company may not be able to function.

This topic is closed