RegisterLog In

work at home during Medical leave

foong
Sat, 01 Nov 2014 12:28:56 PM  (Last updated: Sun, 02 Nov 2014 05:21:24 PM)

Hi,

i have a friend work at home during his MC, can the company still deduct her salary as unpaid leave? During his MC, boss, colleague, client & supplier still calling him ask about the work, coz of that he purchase a broadband to work at home. Can he claim back? During his MC, his colleague ask him to resign, as the company feel that he take MC for so long ( injured on hand during working hours, operation, MC for around 2 month ), no performance, and complicated to count on the salary.  He resigned and give 1 week notice ( no confirmation for more than 6 month because management & boss change )

My question is, can the company deduct the salary as he really work at home during MC, ( have email & watsapps ) to prove. he wanted to pass out his work but the management not arrange anyone to take over. Can he claim back the broadband fees? company just provide company phone but no internet, 3G network.

Thanks

KL Siew
Administrator
Sat, 01 Nov 2014 01:07:11 PM

About the deduction of salary, your friend may have to lodge a complaint at the Labour Department to claim back the salary that was deducted. Let the department investigate. As for broadband etc I don't think he will get it.

foong
Sun, 02 Nov 2014 05:05:01 PM
Originally posted by KL Siew on Sat, 01 Nov 2014 01:07:11 PM

About the deduction of salary, your friend may have to lodge a complaint at the Labour Department to claim back the salary that was deducted. Let the department investigate. As for broadband etc I don't think he will get it.

Hi KL Siew,

Means the company cant deduct the salary if the employee work at home during MC? should talk to the company first before go for labor department?

KL Siew
Administrator
Sun, 02 Nov 2014 05:21:24 PM

RealIy cannot say yes or no because many factors may have to be looked into especially the work at home thing.

This topic is closed