RegisterLog In

Employment Bond

RF
Wed, 29 Oct 2014 09:35:46 AM  (Last updated: Wed, 29 Oct 2014 11:28:58 AM)

Hai,

Im working at one of company in SWK. While im working i receive an opportunity to further my study which the class only on weekend. Unfortunately, my working days are until Saturday. Due to that my boss give me a bond contract whereby i am bond to the company for a year and i can attend my classes without deducting my salaries on every saturday. Now, i have finish my study and expecting to grad in this coming month, and recently i received an offer which is good in term of benefits and plus it is from a GLC company. I have talked to my boss regarding my resignation with one month notice and the feedback was, with my position there must be atleast 3 month. FYI, i am a Quality Assurance Officer. Then, regarding my contract, i need to pay the management back on how many days i leave for Saturday.

1. Do i need to notice 3 months, while in my employment contract only stated 1 month notice.

2. In the contract bond, they did not specified where if i breach the contract i need to pay or whatsoever. It only stated that i am bonding with the company for a year after i finish my study. Shall i pay for it?Or i can stated back to them accordingly to the contract.

Your advice are very much appreciated.

Thank you.

KL Siew
Administrator
Wed, 29 Oct 2014 11:28:58 AM

1. Since one month notice is stated in the contract, I think one month notice should be OK.

2. I don't know how binding is that contract. Show it to a lawyer and get his legal opinion.

This topic is closed