RegisterLog In

probation period resignation & salary issue

vhalliwell
Tue, 14 Oct 2014 10:35:42 PM  (Last updated: Wed, 15 Oct 2014 12:09:05 AM)

Hi Admin,

i recently started to worked in company A on the 3rd of october. now i wanted to resign because i feel that that job is not something i can learn much. on the letter of employment it states that i have to serve one month notice period or pay in lieu one month.

as of now, another company has offered me another job and asked me to resign from the company A, although i feel that is time to resign, but i have questions regarding to this

1. i have just signed the offer letter of the new company while i still havnt tendered my resignation to company A, but i will do that once i get to the office. my concern is because i am still currently under training in company A, but at this time i tendered resignation given one month notice period, is the company A have the rights to not to pay salary to me? 

2. i did ask the HR on the new company, she said that usually if the employment states that one month notice period or pay in lieu, if i have to choose to serve them one month notice, the company A has no right to ask me to pay in lieu by refusing me to come to office and work, is she correct on this?

really appreciate if you are able to answer my question asap. thank you!

Damien Siew
Administrator
Wed, 15 Oct 2014 12:09:05 AM
Originally posted by vhalliwell on Wed, 15 Oct 2014 12:09:05 AM

Hi Admin,

i recently started to worked in company A on the 3rd of october. now i wanted to resign because i feel that that job is not something i can learn much. on the letter of employment it states that i have to serve one month notice period or pay in lieu one month.

as of now, another company has offered me another job and asked me to resign from the company A, although i feel that is time to resign, but i have questions regarding to this

1. i have just signed the offer letter of the new company while i still havnt tendered my resignation to company A, but i will do that once i get to the office. my concern is because i am still currently under training in company A, but at this time i tendered resignation given one month notice period, is the company A have the rights to not to pay salary to me? 

2. i did ask the HR on the new company, she said that usually if the employment states that one month notice period or pay in lieu, if i have to choose to serve them one month notice, the company A has no right to ask me to pay in lieu by refusing me to come to office and work, is she correct on this?

really appreciate if you are able to answer my question asap. thank you!

1. Company A must pay you salary if you serve your 1 month notice.

2. Since your letter says so, then Company A has no right to force you to pay 1 month's salary in lieu.

This topic is closed