RegisterLog In

Local Company Holds Foreign worker at Ransom on Work Visa

Gene Ng
Mon, 13 Oct 2014 06:51:26 PM  (Last updated: Mon, 13 Oct 2014 07:50:38 PM)
Hi I have an inquiry and was wondering you can help me with an issue i have. If a foreign workers is resign, the normal procedure would be to get the release letter from the company A, in order to join company B. But if company A demands money in terms of releasing the permit, is that legal? and how do we go about it? While company A is still holding the foreign workers permit under its company A name, how can the individual move to company B?, while not allowing this transition, there is no income. I have already visited the immigrations department for expats and they say its a Labour issue. Urgently in need of your advice and next course of action.
KL Siew
Mon, 13 Oct 2014 07:50:38 PM

You can try to consult the local Labour Department see whether they can be of any help.

  This topic is closed