RegisterLog In

Transport Allowance is similiar to milleage claim??

Gunaselan
Thu, 09 Oct 2014 11:00:14 PM  (Last updated: Sat, 11 Oct 2014 09:00:51 AM)

Dear Labour law,

I'm earning 1300++ per month (based on RM6 per hour salary). Well my employee gave me Transport allowance RM200 every month. Since my work consist of outstation driving quite bit by my own car. When i asked for petrol claim for my trip or claim using petrol receipt, they said, my transport allowance that i got was my petrol claim.. How is this logic?? Transport allowance for me coming to work from home right?  Suppose they should have give mileage claim right? at least RM0.40cent per kilometer. So, what should i can do to overcome this problem? should i report to labour law for not giving me petrol claim? Correct me if im wrong..Thank you.

KL Siew
Administrator
Fri, 10 Oct 2014 08:23:18 AM

Obviously, there might have been some miscommunication between you and the company in the beginning. Normally, petrol allowances are meant for travelling on company's trade and business purposes and not for travelling from home unless it was clearly mentoned to be.

You may have to further negotiate with the company if you think you need to get something more agreeable. There is no law to say that employers need to pay such allowance or mileage.

Gunaselan
Fri, 10 Oct 2014 11:02:14 PM

Dear admin,

Thank you for your kind reply. Your answer may clear my doubts. Seems me and my employer have to negotiate further more.

I have another question, in how many days an employer should give the appointment letter to an employee? Is there any time period? I asked so many times to the HR dept and my boss regarding this issue, but no response at all. What can I do to overcome this issue? Is there any law to raise this issue? They speculate my salary by this issue. Please do help me. Thank you.

KL Siew
Administrator
Sat, 11 Oct 2014 09:00:51 AM

The Labour Department is the place where you can raise he issue. By law, they should give you a statement stating the terms and conditions of service. If you don't want to go the extend to complain, further talk to your employer or at least find out what are the exact terms and conditions of service like salary, leave/sick leave entitlement, holidays etc etc.

This topic is closed