RegisterLog In

Short notice

lau
Tue, 07 Oct 2014 04:18:36 PM  (Last updated: Tue, 07 Oct 2014 05:51:24 PM)

Dear Sirs,

I tender mine resignation letter at 15th September with short notice of 1month(mine notice period was 2months). mine last day will be 10th Oct as i need to report to new company by 13th Oct but last week HR just told me management want me to serve full 2months notice period. I told management that i willing to pay the 1month short notice but no feedback from management after that.

Mine question is:

1. Will company have right to on hold mine last month salary and the earned leaves(more than 60days)?

2. if management hold or refuse to pay mine salary and leave, how should i do?

P/s: mine salary over RM5000.

Thank you

Lau

KL Siew
Administrator
Tue, 07 Oct 2014 05:51:24 PM

The matter has to be handled properly and amicably. Otherwise, it can turn out to be pretty messy. You don't want to fight a court case I suppose. Anyway,

1. You can pay one month salary for the short notice, it does not matter there is feedback or not.

2. I don't know whether they will withhold your salary or not and for what reasons. About your leave balance, I don't think you can do much about it, if they don't want to pay for it. In future, don't accumulate too much leave, try to take all.

3. If there ever be any problem about payment of salary and so on, you may have to get a lawyer to fight a court case but that will be no good.

This topic is closed