RegisterLog In

Termination and salary after resignation

Armin
Fri, 03 Oct 2014 12:18:32 PM  (Last updated: Wed, 08 Oct 2014 11:40:19 AM)

Hi !

Last week my previous company ask me to resign due to guest complaint. As i know, the company should give me the warning letter I II and III before they can terminate me. Is there any possibility they can force you to resign? and I did resigned, but until today i didn't get my salary. Is there any possibilities they can hold my salary until now? 

KL Siew
Administrator
Fri, 03 Oct 2014 12:27:03 PM

They told you to resign and you resigned and now you want your salary. It looks like there can be problems. What will happen if they turn around and say you resigned without giving notice? Anyway, ask them about your salary first and see what they say.

Armin
Wed, 08 Oct 2014 09:31:26 AM
Originally posted by KL Siew on Fri, 03 Oct 2014 12:27:03 PM

They told you to resign and you resigned and now you want your salary. It looks like there can be problems. What will happen if they turn around and say you resigned without giving notice? Anyway, ask them about your salary first and see what they say.

I already called them last week regarding my salary, they said there's a pending account under my name and need to settle it and that's why they hold my salary. To be honest i already inform that i will pay that amount after i got my salary but they said that i didn't inform them. they don't trust me and want me to pay first then i can get my salary. I think they can deduct my salary for that amount, no need to hold my salary. Until today i didn't get my salary yet. its already 8/10/14 and they still didn't pay my salary. Everytime i called them, they was like ignoring my calls.

KL Siew
Administrator
Wed, 08 Oct 2014 11:40:19 AM

Well, instead of dragging on matter, you may have no choice by to bring the matter up with the Labour Department. But I am not sure whether you have a case or not.

This topic is closed