RegisterLog In

Domestic Inquiry & Termination

Miss.Lau
Sat, 27 Sep 2014 05:23:48 PM  (Last updated: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 09:06:11 PM)

I have been working for 3 years plus for this company and have good records. I had performance indicator 3 above for 4 for consecutive years.

I have been informed to suspend services on late of June and have been call for a domestic inquiry section on early of July due to show cause letter that charged against me. The behaviors due to I have several form of depression after I had delivery my first baby. I was admitted to hospital for 1 month. Subsequently, my family submitted my MC to my currently employer. My MC duration ended on this month and doctor prove that I am fit to continue work, however my employer advice my family to continue my MC again until they have an internal discussion whether they will resume my services. How long I need to wait until they resume my services.

Does my employer have the right to terminate my services based on my poor performance, which could be due to stress and poor health?  What are my rights as an employee? Is the domestic inquiry and show caused letter valid if I am having several form of depression during that period?

KL Siew
Administrator
Sat, 27 Sep 2014 07:24:20 PM

You mentioned that there was a domestic inquiry, what was the outcome? Were you dismissed? Anyway, I strongly advise you to bring the matter up with the Industrial Relations Department. Don't delay.

Miss.Lau
Sun, 28 Sep 2014 09:11:17 AM

There was no outcome yet as my family submitted the medical certificate to my
current employee. My medical leave entitlement will be ended on this month
and I have doctor letter that prove that I am able to resume work.
However, my current employer mentioned they need an internal discussion first on
when they can resume my services. As for current, they request me to submit the
medical certificate every month until they have a decision.

During my sick period, I have no idea on what is show caused letter and
domestic inquiry. How long I need to wait and what should I do now?

KL Siew
Administrator
Sun, 28 Sep 2014 01:59:43 PM

Resuming work is one thing, the other thing is the suspension for domestic inquiry. Just want to know some points,

1. When were you suspended?

2. What were the discharges for the offense?

Surely they cannot  suspend  indefinitely .

Miss.Lau
Sun, 28 Sep 2014 06:29:57 PM

1. 30 of June.

2. The show cause letter charges are late to work without acknowledgement and poor work performance.

KL Siew
Administrator
Mon, 29 Sep 2014 02:53:35 PM

That won't do, bring the matter up with either the Labour Department or the Industrial Relatons Department. Let them look into the matter.

Miss.Lau
Mon, 29 Sep 2014 09:06:11 PM

Actually, I have few question and can you see whether you can help on that:

1. They request me to sign many documents last time and I actually don't know I have signed the suspension letter as I had my depression during that period. Can the suspension letter valid?

2. You want me to bring the matter up with either the Labor Department or the Industrial Relations Department is to get advice or to lodge a report?

This topic is closed