RegisterLog In

unfair cancellation of employment offer

ebirl
Wed, 27 Aug 2014 02:51:16 AM  (Last updated: Wed, 27 Aug 2014 09:31:05 AM)

Hi, I would like to ask few questions regarding to the cancellation of employment offer.

1st of August I was suppose to report myself to a company, which was stated in the offer letter and I have signed it.
However, I was sick from 5th of July and until 14th of August, which has passed through 1st of August. On 31st of July I have informed the person in charge that I will not be able to report myself on 1st of August and I will report two week later.

He agreed, and ask me to collect the receipts of medical help and show it to human resource department when I report.

Two weeks later when I report, human resource department says providing receipts is insufficient and invalid, and ask for medical report and personal statement.

I complied and I have provided  medical report and personal statement. However few days later I received their email saying the offer has lapsed due to my failure to provide medical report and medical chit. But I have the evidence of their request for medical report and personal statement, instead of medical report and medical chit.

Also, I have provided them all of my receipts from 3 hospitals to prove that I have been seeking medical help and 6 medical chits I gave to my previous company throughout 5th of July to my last day of working there. All of which can prove that I was terribly sick and was not able to report myself on 1st of August.

Is there any action I can take? I was advised to give them a notice of demand for six month salary and if they refuse, I shall proceed with legal action. 

Please I really need advice on this. Thank you very much.

KL Siew
Administrator
Wed, 27 Aug 2014 09:31:05 AM

You may have to consult a lawyer see whether any legal action can be taken against the company for the cancellation. But as far as employment is concerned, you are not an employee of the company yet since you have not reported for duty.

This topic is closed