RegisterLog In

Expenses Claims/Reimbursement follow up after last working day

mhteng
Thu, 31 Jul 2014 10:21:59 AM  (Last updated: Thu, 31 Jul 2014 04:15:49 PM)

Hi,

My work required me to travel between different workstations in which i will have to pay the expenses incurred especially transportation fees in advance and make the reimbursement after that. 

I have done all the system and hardcopy submission and it is pending for department supervisor approval. I am now serving my notice and my last day is less than 6 days from today. I am foreseeing the approval could not be done before my last day and i believe there will be delay or problems in getting my money back. This is because i have not received my money even for the claims that i have submitted in 3 months back. 

Furthermore, in my Acceptance Letter of Resignation, they did not mention about the reimbursement pay back. 

So, does this mean that if i did not get my claim finish approved by my last day, my claim will be forfeited? If this happens, what can i do to get my money back? FYI, my salary is more than RM5000.

DnH
Thu, 31 Jul 2014 04:15:49 PM

No, you do not forfeit your right for reimbursement after your last day. My suggestion is to put in writing (by e-mail or letter) to your company to inform/remind them that they still have not processed your claims.

If they refuse to process your claim, you may have to consider legal action against the company or perhaps get a lawyer to send a demand letter.

This topic is closed