RegisterLog In

Resignation + Salary on Hold

Ky
Tue, 29 Jul 2014 08:29:25 PM  (Last updated: Wed, 30 Jul 2014 11:24:04 AM)

Dear Sir,

I had recently resigned from a company and with 2 weeks notice given as per my employment letter due to I'm still under probation period. My last day should be 30th after minus off my earned leave entitlement. However, I received HR email stated that the salary will be issued by cheque after they received the confirmation email with regards to my handover is fully completed. Which means that I couldn't get my wages on 28th of this month as usual. My company is giving wages at every 28th of the months and through bank in. Would like to know do they have the rights to do this? Also, what does it means by handover is fully completed? Can the company on hold my salary if they still feel that I did not fully handover even i had done everything?

P/S: I had try to search through the internet and found in Law of Malaysia on this. Does this applicable to my case?

Payment on normal termination of contract
20. The wages, less lawful deductions, earned by but not yet paid to an employee whose contract of service terminates in accordance
with subsection 11(1) or of section 12 shall be paid to such employee not later than the day on which such contract of service so
terminates.

Appreciate if your are able to give some advise on this. Thank you.

KL Siew
Administrator
Wed, 30 Jul 2014 10:58:39 AM

If your salary is not more than RM5000, you can go to the Labour Department and make a claim for your salary. Better you try to get the HR to speed up the payment before you make a complaint.

Ky
Wed, 30 Jul 2014 11:24:04 AM
Originally posted by KL Siew on Wed, 30 Jul 2014 10:58:39 AM

If your salary is not more than RM5000, you can go to the Labour Department and make a claim for your salary. Better you try to get the HR to speed up the payment before you make a complaint.

Ok. Thank you for the advise.

This topic is closed