RegisterLog In

Working Hours, Leave & Benefits Problem

Jarvis
Thu, 17 Jul 2014 05:08:06 PM  (Last updated: Fri, 18 Jul 2014 09:09:41 AM)

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Good day to you!

My questions may be very long, but I'm really frustrated and in need of consultant and information.

I'm working as a Export Marketing Executive in a Food Manufacturing Company in Penang, with the monthly income at RM2.3k. For the benefits, I only entitled a company sim card with data plan, socso, EPF and clinical treatment not more than RM300/year, and NO OT Claims

Previously the factory was operating in a village area, which is about 22km from my home and no need to pay for any toll. However, the factory has been relocated to another area early in this year, and for sure all the employees got to be traveled to the new plant, which is also a longer travel distance and have to pay toll to me. 

Since factory relocated, it created some frustrations to some colleagues and I. One of the problems is that factory provided transport and toll to the employees who live in the village areas to lighten their burden however to other who lives in the city doesn't entitle this kind of  arrangement nor any allowance provided.

2. When factory was still in village area, our working hours was Monday - Saturday, 9am - 5.30pm, after that it changed to Monday - Friday the same time, only Saturday 9am - 1:30pm. Later which is now, since the moved of factory, the working time shifted from Monday - Friday 8:30am - 6:15pm, with the purpose that to cover back the working hours of Saturday. Since that the working hours are longer, which is also mean the same that we are working 6days. Only the other way, am I right with this statement? 

3. Factory listed that our PH holiday is 13days in the early of year 2014, which is included the Agong Birthday on Saturday, as that time we were still working 6days in old factory, however, as we started to working in new plant, we do not work on Saturday, so the factory just forget about the Agong birthday PH, and never provide any replacement to us. But the thing is, our working hours are longer everyday which has been replaced for Saturday, shouldn't that we entitle for replacement holiday? Even for the 7th July was Penang Heritage Anniversary which was also a PH, but still, we were working on that day. 

4. I was asked to outstation months ago, which was total 8 days. But the thing was that, factory only provided with RM100 for the 8days, somemore have to provide receipts on what we spent (food & accommodation were covered by company, with the condition that we must dining together, and my manager paid for it). Was it something right? And we did work on Saturday and Sunday, however, we are not allowed to claim for replacement leave / rest day. Reasonable? Since we are now already apply the 5 working day policy, (in fact we felt that we actually work 6 days as the longer working hours)

5. I was transferred from a position to current position in March, as a Marketing / Sales, I should have a commission scheme, however, until today I did not receive any commission, did this sounds right??

Lastly, today I got informed by my manager, boss requested us to go back to office on every Saturday for a 2 - 3 hours meeting. Can we call this as working overtime? But the thing is that we got no overtime pay, no allowance at all. 

I'm really fed up and frustrated now. Please advise the situations above.

Much thanks!

Regards,

Jarvis

KL Siew
Administrator
Fri, 18 Jul 2014 09:09:41 AM

Since your salary is more than RM2000, you are not covered by the Employment Act. As such, you may have to negotiate with your employers for better terms and conditions of employment. If there are many of you, get together and bring the problems up with the management. If things got really bad, one could always look for greener pastures elsewhere.

This topic is closed