RegisterLog In

Compensation benefit for staff working more than 10 years

sharon
Wed, 04 Jun 2014 04:49:02 PM  (Last updated: Sat, 07 Jun 2014 08:17:02 PM)

Hi 

Please, please , please help !

My boss just made decision to terminate the staff for working more than 10 years. My boss treated this staff very well, provide hostel - condominuim and the company also less of work. Maybe 1 month just 1 or 2 shipment. The rest time, is nothing to do and just goyang kaki there. Since the economic is getting bad and the business also not so good, my boss plan to cease the operation by this few month, 

When discussed this topic with him, his just ask about the compensation. And ask for give him the termination letter. This staff is very difficult to handle and always create problem. So, I need to know what is the correct procedure to settle and to avoid this staff complain.

Please please please help.

Thanks 

Sharon

KL Siew
Administrator
Thu, 05 Jun 2014 08:09:51 AM

You can get some guidance by referring to the Employment(Termination and Layoff Benefits)Regulations.

Aliza MRazali
Fri, 06 Jun 2014 08:33:44 AM

Hi Sharon,

I would suggest you to prepare related documents as evidence to show employer impacted by the economic slow down. About compensation, employee normally will lodge report to authority should they not satisfied with the termination although compensation being paid.

Share your termination package with Iocal IR officer for opinion before termination exercise take place.Compare your exercise plan with Employment Act 1955 provisions.

Good Luck!.

sharon
Sat, 07 Jun 2014 08:16:25 PM

Thanks Siew,I will check

sharon
Sat, 07 Jun 2014 08:17:02 PM

Thanks so much , Aliza....many thanks for your advice

This topic is closed