RegisterLog In

SOCSO Inquiry

Fri, 28 Mar 2008 08:22:05 PM  (Last updated: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 07:21:57 AM)

Dear Sir,

I had car accident last year July and only seek medical treatment on 2 Jan 2008, I have slip disc after the accident occured. and Pain getting worse until I unable to go to work after the operation.

My questions are :-

a) Am I able to claim for socso if the accident is happen not during working hour but after that, due to the nature of my work, my back getting serious.

b) presently under treatment still and I am not able to go to work since end of Jan until now. would like to know is the company has the right to fire me ? ( i did provide the medical report and all the x ray scanning report).



KL Siew
Sat, 29 Mar 2008 07:21:57 AM

(a) You have to get in touch with SOCSO about your condition. You may not be entitled to temporary disablement payments but you may ask about invalidity pension in the event that you are unable to work anymore.

(b) If you are medically unfit for work, I don't think your employer will want to fire you while you are still on medical leave.

  This topic is closed