RegisterLog In

24 Hour resignation letter on 2nd day

Aaron2014
Mon, 12 May 2014 02:21:14 PM  (Last updated: Tue, 13 May 2014 06:27:25 PM)

Dear All,

I joined a bank related company about a couple of months back and of course I was offered an offer letter and I signed them as well.What happen was I was facing certain difficulty to reach to work on time due to distance factor.So on the 2nd day of my work,I tendered a 24 hours resignation notice to their manager through an email.I did not turn up to work the days after that and my company is well informed that I quit,

What happened after that was my company actually sends me a letter stating that I would have to pay certain amount for acceptance of resignation/abandonment letter which notifies me that I would have to actually pay about RM500++ and in the event I did not paid the said sum within fourteen days,they would not hesitate to commence a legal proceedings towards me and any further liable costs and expenses would be on me.The RM500++ would be most likely  my one week salary.

My question would be can they actually even go for legal proceedings for such case?Second would be is it even fair to go for one for an employee who have just worked with them for about 2 days and not got exposed to their confidential information and not even paid yet?

Regards,

Aaron

KL Siew
Administrator
Tue, 13 May 2014 08:45:19 AM

Yes, the bank can take legal action against you if they want. You just cannot come and go as you like.

Aaron2014
Tue, 13 May 2014 12:39:30 PM
Originally posted by KL Siew on Tue, 13 May 2014 08:45:19 AM

Yes, the bank can take legal action against you if they want. You just cannot come and go as you like.

Ok but do you think they would actually take legal action for such small amount being an international bank.

KL Siew
Administrator
Tue, 13 May 2014 06:27:25 PM

Don't forget big organisations usually have legal department to tackle such issues.  However, you can keep your fingers crossed they just don't bother.

This topic is closed