RegisterLog In

Confirmation of Employment

Connie
Mon, 28 Apr 2014 01:23:55 PM  (Last updated: Thu, 08 May 2014 06:20:50 PM)

Hi,

Recently I have gave a confirmation letter to my employee. It is a confirmation issued from the company, confirmed the staff's employment without increment.

The staff received the confirmation letter and feedback to me that he is not happy with the confirmation without increment. He is expecting company raise his salary due for his confirmation.

But during his employment with us, company has no promised any increment for him after his probationary period.

Due to this situation, may you advise me as a HR Officer, how to handle it?

Thank you.

Regards,

Connie

KL Siew
Administrator
Mon, 28 Apr 2014 02:25:47 PM

Some companies do give increment while others don't. It is up to individual companies.

Connie
Mon, 28 Apr 2014 03:23:52 PM
Originally posted by KL Siew on Mon, 28 Apr 2014 02:25:47 PM

Some companies do give increment while others don't. It is up to individual companies.

Dear Siew,

Thank you for the information.

Company has decided not to give him increment for his confirmation.

He not want to accept the offer of confirmation without increment, he wish to discuss with the management to give him increment. In this case, what company can do?

May you advise?

Thank you.

Regards,

Connie

KL Siew
Administrator
Tue, 29 Apr 2014 09:07:46 AM

Of course, discussion will be good. However, if the company has been giving increment of salary to other probationers, then things can be a bit difficult if you do it differently this case.

tkchuan
Tue, 29 Apr 2014 05:10:46 PM

HI there, 

I have recently signed an offer letter(1 pg only) with Company A and in the email, it stated that I can't resign for the next 1 year. My commencement shall start next month. 

I have tried to contact the Company HR department to give me more details on my employment (as the offer letter above only states my commencement period and salary offered) but, there isn't any reply from them. 

Now, I am kinda regret and i hope to withdraw my acceptance. Can I do so? Can the Company sue me for that? 

Please advise. 

Thank you

Musliha Sani
Thu, 08 May 2014 03:55:43 PM

I have one question to ask regarding confirmation of employment.

We have one staff is due to confirmation of employment. Our management currently is not happy with his attendance because every months he will take leave 3/4 day in a months. He already worked with our company for 7 months.

I have discussed with my boss regarding this matter and would like to issue a letter to extend his probation period.

My boss informed me that this staff will be automatically considered as confirmed staff even we not issue him a Confirmation of Employment after 6 months.

Is this true?

I need confirmation on this matter.

Thank you.

KL Siew
Administrator
Thu, 08 May 2014 06:20:50 PM

tkchuan, I thought I answered this question before. If you don't want to accept just tell them so, that's all.

Musliha, it looks like your boss is in favour of confirming that staff and does not want an extension. You may have to listen to your boss. 

This topic is closed