RegisterLog In

Is it compulsory for a SDN. BHD. company take in STATE holiday?

G_T
Sat, 12 Apr 2014 03:28:23 PM  (Last updated: Sat, 19 Apr 2014 12:10:59 PM)

Hi,

I have been having holidays for Melaka's State Holiday on April 15th. But in this company (foreign) based in Melaka, it did not recognize the Melaka's State Holiday. My colleagues asked me why this company doesn't recognize April 15th as a State Holiday. Is it a compulsory or not, for all companies to get the State Holiday recognized in the company's calendar? If it isn't recognized, that means the workers could not get the triple pay too?

Tq.

KL Siew
Administrator
Sat, 12 Apr 2014 05:10:48 PM

As far as I know, only Governor's Birthday is compulsory. I don't know what holiday is 15th April, you can consult the Labour Department in Malacca.

mdkamil
Contributor
Tue, 15 Apr 2014 12:40:37 PM
By law, companies in Malaysia have to provide a minimum of 11 days Public Holiday. Out of this 11 days, there are 5 days which are compulsory (Labour Day, Merdeka Day, Malaysia Day, Agong Birthday and State Ruler Birthday). The remaining 6 days shall be declared by the company. So, if the company do not declare a holiday as a public holiday for the company, then the employees have to work as normal working day.
mdkamil
Contributor
Tue, 15 Apr 2014 12:43:28 PM
15th April is the Declaration of Melaka as Historical City. The State Government declares that as the holiday for the public sector. It is not within the 5 compulsory Public Holidays for the private sector.
G_T
Sat, 19 Apr 2014 12:10:59 PM

Thank you all for the replies!!

xoxo

This topic is closed