RegisterLog In

Total of 18 months bond agreement, may I tender the resignation letter on the 17th month with 2 month notice?

Nabilah
Tue, 25 Mar 2014 01:09:42 PM  (Last updated: Wed, 26 Mar 2014 11:41:30 AM)

Hi.

I would like to ask advise from expert here

In my bond agreement for overseas training,it is stated that

"It is hereby  further agreed that if the employee is resign from or leaves the company for any reasons whatsover or is in breach of this agreement then and in any such case,the employee shall be liable to pay to the company forthwith on the demand all monies as per table 1"

My question is,my bond perion is 18 month,I required  to give two month notice.Can I give notice at 17th month of bond.Here means that I only leave company 1 month after bond ends.Here also means that I had serve 18 months bond agreement  before I leave the company.

Thank you,

Nabilah

KL Siew
Administrator
Tue, 25 Mar 2014 04:32:46 PM

I though an 18-month bond ends at the end of 18th month automatically. Your employer also did not give you any notice for termination of the contract, why should you? Anyway, consult your HR department or you can consult the Labour Department whether you really have to give 2 months notice.

Nabilah
Wed, 26 Mar 2014 11:41:30 AM

In the offer letter is stated that I need to give 2 month notice upon resignation.

My problem now is they said that I can't give resignation notice during bond period but as I checked in the agrement,it not stated that I can't give resignation notice.It just stated I cannot resign/leave company as per stated above

"It is hereby further agreed that if the employee is resign from or leaves the company for any reasons whatsover or is in breach of this agreement then and in any such case,the employee shall be liable to pay to the company forthwith on the demand all monies as per table 1"

Please advise.Thanks

This topic is closed