RegisterLog In

Resign with 2 weeks notice

suhaimi
Sat, 15 Mar 2014 03:59:15 PM  (Last updated: Sun, 16 Mar 2014 04:49:12 PM)

this is my company term and conditions:

"your probation period will be 3 months from the date of commencement. during the probation period, either party may terminate the contract by giving two weeks notice or two weeks pay in lieu period of notice. should u wish to resgn after completion of the probation period, one month's notice will be required. likewise the company also reserves the right to terminate your services with one month's notice in writing"

Actually i want to resign 24 hours with notice. because my heart not into this company. i joined this company on 5/2/2014. untill today (15/3/2014), i didnt received my 1st month salary, im afraid for the following month it will happen again. can i just drop the resign letter and pay 2 weeks pay in lieu?

KL Siew
Administrator
Sat, 15 Mar 2014 04:41:02 PM

Demand payment of first month's salary. If they don't pay you and then you put in your 24 hours resignation notice. Then go to the Labour Department and make a claim for your salary. Don't pay indemnity first because it looks like the employer has broken the contract of service by not paying salary on time.

suhaimi
Sat, 15 Mar 2014 04:54:10 PM

if they pay me next week, and i want to resign, can i send them 24hr with notice and pay in lieu? then can i claim this month salary?

KL Siew
Administrator
Sun, 16 Mar 2014 04:49:12 PM

I would not do that if I were you.

This topic is closed