RegisterLog In

Probation Period Long Overdue

Hong Keat
Tue, 11 Mar 2014 10:50:12 AM  (Last updated: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 08:39:41 AM)

Hi all,

Would like to seek professional expertise from all the experts here.    I was hired since April 2013.  The probation period written in the offer letter is 3 months which supposed to end by July 2013.    When it's approaching July 2013,  I asked my boss on my employment status.   The response given verbally that have to wait for one to two months from HR as this is the general practice.   

Two months passed, I approached my boss again.   I was only by then been told verbally that my performance was not up to his expectation.  He wanted to extend my probation period 3 more months end in January 2014.    No black and white was given until I requested from my HR after one month.   Sadly, until now I have yet to get the response on my employment status.    I approached HR this time and the answer given was pending from my boss signature and the response given was ".. let me manage it..".   

Question:    

Can I considered my employment status as confirmed since there wasn't any written feedback on my performance expectation and improvement plan (except a simple letter from HR notifying on my probation period extension)?

What can I do next?   

KL Siew
Administrator
Tue, 11 Mar 2014 04:08:16 PM

I don't you have to worry too much about confirmation. You just carry on working to the best of your ability as usual. There is no much difference between a confirmed and an un-confirmed employee.

Hong Keat
Tue, 11 Mar 2014 05:43:13 PM
Originally posted by KL Siew on Tue, 11 Mar 2014 04:08:16 PM

I don't you have to worry too much about confirmation. You just carry on working to the best of your ability as usual. There is no much difference between a confirmed and an un-confirmed employee.

Yeah, I know.  The problem is I cannot take annual leave.  In addition,  job security is not there as well.   I pity myself have to go through such stressful and distracting work life for almost one year.   

KL Siew
Administrator
Wed, 12 Mar 2014 08:39:40 AM

Well, can always work hard, gain some experience and then look for better job elsewhere. For working less than 1 year, you may not be entitled to paid annual leave, but you still can apply for leave but it can be no pay leave.

This topic is closed