RegisterLog In

Termination during probation and refusal to pay for the working days

Chris Goh
Tue, 21 Jan 2014 12:36:42 PM  (Last updated: Tue, 21 Jan 2014 05:46:20 PM)

I worked for a company for 3 months plus (still under prabation) and was terminated without notice. I went to office in the morning and was asked to leave immediately without receiving any written notice. I was accused of breaching of contract because didn't go for work for 2 consercutive days and the higher management officer refuse to settle the salary for my 15 working days of this months.

The reason of absence is I went for a oversea trip with family. (I booked the trip well before joining the company and apply leave according company rules well before 2 weeks before the trip but was not approved without given any reason). Because of this issue, I tender my resignation and suppose to finish my final 5 working days of notice period  (One month notice). Now I was terminated and without proper pay in lieu. My monthly salary is RM 4000.

Can I get the pay for the days I had work in the month as well as the 2 extra working days on weekends (previous month without replacement leave). Shall I seek help from Industrial Relations Department or Labour Department. Pls advice.

KL Siew
Administrator
Tue, 21 Jan 2014 05:46:20 PM

The Industrial Relations Department is the place where you can seek advice. Go there personally and not by phone.

This topic is closed