RegisterLog In

Total of 6 months employment contract, may I tender the resignation letter on the 5th month with 1 month notice?

loewe
Sun, 05 Jan 2014 10:47:04 PM  (Last updated: Wed, 08 Jan 2014 10:03:16 PM)

Dear Admin,

I have a situation which I need expert advice from you.

I have a 6 months employment contract with the current company which stated I need to serve them for at least 6 months continuously or I would need to pay back the previous short notice amount of money.

The question I would like to ask is, may I tender the resignation letter on the 5th month while giving 1 month notice period?

So, it will be a total of 6 months period.

Please advise.

Thank you.

Loewe

KL Siew
Administrator
Mon, 06 Jan 2014 08:55:53 AM

I don't see anything wrong if you do that.

loewe
Mon, 06 Jan 2014 10:39:08 AM

Hi Siew, 

Thanks for the reply. 

But I just afraid some company may play dirty by saying the contract was not fully completed before the resignation. 

Do employment act or labour law have any supportive facts about this kind of situation?

Thank you.

Loewe

KL Siew
Administrator
Tue, 07 Jan 2014 09:02:11 AM

You mean to say you only want to work up to the end of the 5th month? If that is the case, I am not sure whether they will pay you. Better clarify with the company first before you do anything.

loewe
Wed, 08 Jan 2014 12:49:08 AM

My company's HR mentioned if resignation, need 1 month notice.

I would like to like to tender resignation on the 5 month + 1 month notice. Total of 6 months i am serving.

Am I consider as unfulfill the 6 months continuously service?

I am confused.

Thank you.

KL Siew
Administrator
Wed, 08 Jan 2014 01:40:06 PM

If you worked through the month notice, that should be enough to make up 6 months.

loewe
Wed, 08 Jan 2014 10:03:16 PM

Hi Siew,

Thanks for the info.

Loewe

This topic is closed