RegisterLog In

Termination and compensation

VictimMental
Fri, 03 Jan 2014 09:56:36 AM  (Last updated: Fri, 03 Jan 2014 11:33:11 AM)

I have been working with this company atmost 20 years. I had set up the labs and was a pioneer staff.Recently, I was transferred down to laboratory because the head of the lab had resigned. The turnover staffs are high and this has widen my responbilities to handle the laboratories. The management ( owners ) pushed me for another new tasks which I am not not famillier with. The lacks of staff and skilled made me feels pressure as the intensity of lab works. The management want me to handle the incoming items to be cleared within their set goal. I am always lost focus as too many inquiries referred to me. The trainings kept repeated as new staff employed every 1 to 2 years. The overload items can not be completed as trainings are insufficient time to train new staffs to be competent. I had informed them about this but the problems still arise. They start blamed me for the poor leadership resulted turnover staff. They shouted me and demoralising me in front of the staff during the meetings.

Lately,I was depressed and informed them but they ignored me as I am sleepless atmost everyday.
My poor concentration made the lab works heavier for me. The psycriatric doctor has diagnosed me the major depression disorder from government hospital. Although I have submiited medical report to management, they still want me positioned in the lab.

What is my rights as Technical manager on this issue?. Do they pay me the compensation if terminated or resigned?What do SOCSO protect me?

KL Siew
Administrator
Fri, 03 Jan 2014 11:33:11 AM

One thing I can comment is that you should not resign on your own. If you do, you may lose your rights to seek redress. Beyong that, I would like to advise you to consult the Industrial Relations Department and get some official advice and to know where you stand. As for SOCSO, go personally to SOCSO to get advice as to the type of possible benefits you could get from SOCSO.

This topic is closed