RegisterLog In

Probation Extension

Lynn  
Thu, 29 Mar 2007 11:28:06 AM  (Last updated: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 12:55:52 PM)

I am from an advertising agency and recently there was a regional allignment that made us lost an account that I am handling. I am already due for confirmation (after 6 months) however my employer has informed me that the company is not able to confirm me due to the lost of the account however would like me to stay on till there is a new account being replaced. I am pretty worried about it as this might take some time till a new account can be found. Besides that, they are trying to cut down on staffs. What if it happens to be me? Does that mean I still have to serve 2 weeks notice as per my contract states for probation period? Please advise.

KL Siew
Administrator
Thu, 29 Mar 2007 12:00:07 PM

Just carry on working as usual and give your best. If you think you want to leave, you still have to serve the required period of notice. Even as a probationer, you still have the right to complain should the thing you are worried about happen to you.

Lynn
Fri, 13 Apr 2007 05:12:42 PM

Dear Sir,

Thanks for the above advise. I have another question. Assuming I am a confirm staff working for more than 5 years. And the company has requested me to leave within 2 months due to the downsizing of company. Should the company pay me retrenchment benefits?

Thanks

KL Siew
Administrator
Tue, 17 Apr 2007 12:55:52 PM

If you are covered by the Employment Act that is to say your salary is not more than RM1500, you are entitled to termination benefits as stated in the Employment(Termination and Lay-off)Regulations 1980. If your salary is over RM1500 you may seek help from the Industrial Relations Department.

This topic is closed