RegisterLog In

Non-confirmation at the end of probation period

Key
Tue, 19 Nov 2013 02:03:13 PM  (Last updated: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 03:53:00 PM)
Hi, I just want to ask that "Non-confirmation" at the end of probation period is it meaning Termination of my probation period?This is because my ex-boss insisting that Non-confirmation does not mean termination, then he no need to give any notice or compensation.Non-confirmation equal to Termination by law, is it correct?Thanks.
KL Siew
Administrator
Tue, 19 Nov 2013 03:05:41 PM

It does not mean termination of service. Just continue working and do your best. If you want to resign, you still have to give notice. If there is nothing mentioned about notice period, the notice should be  at least 4 weeks notice.

Key
Tue, 19 Nov 2013 03:50:00 PM
Thanks for'sour prompt reply.But he issued me the non-confirmation letter and the contents requested me to leave the office on the last day of my probation period.He asked me to leave the office, not consider termination too?In the letter appointment, probation's clause written either party terminate need 3 months notice or in lieu there of.The letter's title he put Non-confirmation, but content asking me to leave.Such condition not consider termination?Pls advise. Thanks.
Key
Thu, 21 Nov 2013 10:37:13 AM
Pls advise......thanks...
KL Siew
Administrator
Thu, 21 Nov 2013 10:51:59 AM

That could be consdered as termination of service when they asked to leave the office and don't come back anymore. Anyway, you should go to the Labour Department and make a complaint. Show them that appointment letter.

Key
Thu, 21 Nov 2013 03:53:00 PM
Ok. Thanks much.

This topic is closed