RegisterLog In

Need advise on resignation.

Iya
Tue, 15 Oct 2013 04:15:39 PM  (Last updated: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 08:53:35 AM)
Hi Admin/ viewers, I have been offered with a job by a recruitment firm and I was placed in a MNC to work under contract (which means not permanent). The contract stated that I will need to give a 2 months notice for my resignation. I only started this job for few days but my family would like to relocate to another place by November if possible. 2 months is too long for me.I do not want to pay for any compensation as I need money for a relocation purpose. What should I do now in order for me not to pay anything but can serve a short notice period? I've contact the recruitment agency but they insists me to give a 2 months notice. I haven't talk to my manager yet about this. Hopefully you can give me some advice on this. Thank you.
KL Siew
Administrator
Tue, 15 Oct 2013 06:15:03 PM

Yes, you have to give two months notice or pay two months salary as indemnity if you don't want to give the notice. You can always join your family later if you don't want to lose money.

Iya
Tue, 15 Oct 2013 08:58:25 PM
Originally posted by KL Siew on Tue, 15 Oct 2013 06:15:03 PM

Yes, you have to give two months notice or pay two months salary as indemnity if you don't want to give the notice. You can always join your family later if you don't want to lose money.

Can I give a month notice and then pay for 1 month?
KL Siew
Administrator
Wed, 16 Oct 2013 08:53:35 AM

You give two months notice first and at the end of the first month you pay a months salary and go.

This topic is closed