RegisterLog In

One Month Notice + Annual Leave Balance

Cheer
Tue, 01 Oct 2013 03:55:11 PM  (Last updated: Tue, 01 Oct 2013 04:52:08 PM)
Hello, I'm planning to resign on 13th December, with my last day being 12th January as per my employment contract which states that I need to give one month's notice. My office closes annually from 25th December to 1st January and I have a total of 11 annual leave days to clear. (From 13th Dec - 12th Jan, there is a total of 15 working days)I am planning to clear my annual leaves during the time when I'm serving my one month notice, which means I won't be going to office starting from 19th December despite still being officially an employee until 12th January. My question is, my company has a policy of applying leave 2 weeks in advance, which I wouldn't be able to do as including 13th December, I will only be in office for 4 days before I leave. I do not wish to alert my company of the fact that I am leaving before I officially tender my letter of resignation. May I know what are the suggestions available? Is it possible to include in my letter of resignation that I will be clearing my annual leave during my notice period? Thanks.
KL Siew
Administrator
Tue, 01 Oct 2013 04:52:08 PM

You have to clarify those with the HR Department of your company first. Since there is still time, get the views from them now before you  put in your resignation notice. You may know where you stand exactly.

This topic is closed