RegisterLog In

Refused to pay salary

kenneth
Tue, 10 Sep 2013 12:21:57 PM  (Last updated: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 03:37:56 PM)

Dear Admistrator,

Wish to let you know a bit about my situation here with my company. 

I am a senior manager in this company say, B sdn bhd. on August 1, 2013 I tendered my resignation letter. On my letter of appointment, it did not stated number of months that I need to serve before leaving the company. At the same period of time, my GM left the company due to health reason on 7th August, 2013. Due to this, my CEO who is titled Dato' Seri, refused to accept my resignation letter. Moreover, he withheld my July salary, including EPF, and SOCSO. Until today, I am still working with the company as I gave 2-months notice to the company, which means I will be leaving the company by end of September.

When I asked my Dato why he refused to pay my salary? Guess what he said: Why you cannot wait, is it? So i sort to press HR for answer, but my effort is in vain because HR basically has no power at all but listen to everything from this Dato.

This Dato is very rich and powerful from Pahang. I just want to know what I can do in order to get my pay back.

I have called Labour Department, but they said my salary is over the category that they can help and asked me to file a civil suit. 

This Dato receiving lawsuit like receiving phone bills, so I guess that will not be a wise decision either. 

I am going to Australia on November, and I certainly need the money. Any advice to go from here??

Thanks,

Kenneth

KL Siew
Administrator
Tue, 10 Sep 2013 03:37:56 PM

It looks like there is no other way except to go to court. Consult a lawyer.

This topic is closed