RegisterLog In

Deduction of wages

Dzulqharnain
Fri, 26 Jul 2013 06:00:22 PM  (Last updated: Sat, 27 Jul 2013 08:30:41 AM)

I've worked in a book company as a temporary full timer for 3 months (received a basic wage per month) and end up working there at the end of May with a letter of resignation; 1 week notice. There is no deduction of salary (except for EPF and SOCSO). After that, they offered me to work there again as a part timer (salary will be paid per hour). So I've accepted that offer and started to work immediately on the next day.

After about 15 days working as the part timer, I've decided to resign because of a personal matter. So, I just told them that I want to resign and doesn't give them any letter or notice, because I was thinking that I am just a part-timer, who continue working from a temporary full timer. Plus, I already gave them the resign letter for quitting my full timer. 

On the day I went to collect my salary (by cheque), I was shocked that they cut more than half of my salary. At the pay slip, it was written, "salary in-lieu". So, I asked one of the manager about it, and she/he said that it is a 1 week deduction for not giving any notice for resignation. 

# Could admin can tell me anything I can do to claim my rights? # Sorry for my bad grammar # 

KL Siew
Administrator
Sat, 27 Jul 2013 08:30:41 AM

I think you still have to give one week notice or pay one week indemnity. Consult the Labour Department for another opinion.

This topic is closed