RegisterLog In

Termination 24hours notice

zeeeeeeeeh
Wed, 05 Jun 2013 03:27:20 PM  (Last updated: Wed, 05 Jun 2013 04:49:22 PM)
Hi. I got terminated on 29th May. my boss gave me 24hours termination letter date 29th May and ask me to leave straight away on that day. I dont get any warning letters and instead i was told that my performance is not within his satisfaction. i asked about my salary and he said i have to pick up on 6th june. he wont bank in and he will just giving me cheque for my salary.To tell in details, the company practice 21th to next month 20th for salary. I was told by admin i probably will get 1month salary only, which mean the remaining days, i have to get it next month. Enlighten me with my case. Is he has the right to hold my salary? isnt that he suppose to settle all my salary on the day he terminate me? thanks in advance. hope to hear the reply soon.
mdkamil
Contributor
Wed, 05 Jun 2013 04:49:22 PM

Assuming you are an employee under the scope of Employment Act 1955, you can refer to Section 20 and Section 21, which stated .....shall be paid to such employee not later than the day on which such contract of service is so terminated.

If you are not getting your salary, you can report your case to the nearest Labour Department.

And if you believe your employer has wrongly terminate your service, you can file for a reinstatement at the Industrial Relations Department within 60 days from the date of the termination.

This topic is closed