RegisterLog In

No Confirmation notice even after 1 year service

Kelvin Ng
Fri, 03 May 2013 12:27:01 PM  (Last updated: Fri, 03 May 2013 04:29:12 PM)

Dear Admin,

I would like to enquire such as below:-

On the appointment letter it is stated there 6 month probation period, after 6 month that I have work on the company I have no confirmation letter, I asked my employer he said he decided to increase my probation period for 3 more months but there are no black and white. After serving 1 year without any confirmation letter he gave me a letter that stating his company cannot afford to pay my salary which is too high. So its that legal? Despite that he still gave me annual leave for 8 days which is standard for confirmed staff. So what is the further action should I take?

KL Siew
Administrator
Fri, 03 May 2013 01:46:12 PM

Has the company terminated your service because they cannot afford to pay your high salary? If yes, you can bring the matter up with the Labour Department or the Industrial Relations Department.

Kelvin Ng
Fri, 03 May 2013 02:06:20 PM
Originally posted by KL Siew on Fri, 03 May 2013 01:46:12 PM

Has the company terminated your service because they cannot afford to pay your high salary? If yes, you can bring the matter up with the Labour Department or the Industrial Relations Department.

I heard from my friends saying that after probation period if the employer did not give u a confirmation letter and still paying u salary u are automatically a confirmed staff is that true?
KL Siew
Administrator
Fri, 03 May 2013 04:29:12 PM

You may get some info about probation here.

This topic is closed