RegisterLog In

24 hour resignation letter

Mahathir talib
Wed, 16 Jan 2013 12:02:01 AM  (Last updated: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 12:09:32 PM)

Hi im planning to tender 24 hours after getting my salary and bonus, and i would like to pay 3 month salary back to my current company as a panalty. Fyi my notice period is 3 month notice.Is that any legal action can be taken to me? my salary is more then 5k.

I had been working more then 2 year with present company. Please advice as i dont want to lose my bonus as well as new offer. My bonus will be by end of the feb, and i need to report to new company in 1st of march.

KL Siew
Administrator
Wed, 16 Jan 2013 09:05:40 AM

If you put in your resignation notice before getting the bonus, the company will surely not pay it to you. If you give 24 hours notice, they may sue you. You don't want to fight a court case while working for a new employer, do you? The timing seems to be quite wrong. I don't think there is a way for you to keep both.

Mahathir talib
Wed, 16 Jan 2013 12:09:32 PM
Originally posted by KL Siew on Wed, 16 Jan 2013 09:05:40 AM

If you put in your resignation notice before getting the bonus, the company will surely not pay it to you. If you give 24 hours notice, they may sue you. You don't want to fight a court case while working for a new employer, do you? The timing seems to be quite wrong. I don't think there is a way for you to keep both.

Hurmm clear. thanks for your expalination. So i guess jus one at the time.. Gracias!!

This topic is closed