RegisterLog In

Expenses claim follow up after last day

Sharifah Salwa
Tue, 11 Sep 2012 11:08:27 PM  (Last updated: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 08:25:02 AM)

Here is my situation.

I went for a overseas business trip in which I have to pay for accommodation in advance (RM7600+). Once I return to Malaysia, I tendered my resignation and submitted my claim. I have since told that my claim payment was on hold due to some T&C and approval need to be obtained from Mr.A for the claim to be processed.

I am now serving my notice and last day is in less than 3 weeks time. This Mr.A is currently away for 2 weeks+ hence approval might be delayed (or not approved at all). I am forseeing a delay/more red tapes to get my money back. In my letter of termination says :

"as your last day is 28 sept, all benefit will end with effect from 29 september 2012"

Does this means that if i did not get my claim processed/approved by 28th september, my claim will get forfeited? If this happens can I open a case with labor office?

KL Siew
Administrator
Wed, 12 Sep 2012 08:25:02 AM

Personally, I don't think it will affect  reimbursement of expenses. It is most likely to mean things like medical, insurance benefits and so on. If your salary is not more than RM5000, you may approach the Labour Department. If more than that, you may have get a lawyer to sue.

This topic is closed