RegisterLog In

After probation period,only informed by verbally but not yet signed confirmation letter

Wong kah chin
Sat, 25 Aug 2012 08:23:43 AM  (Last updated: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 06:19:57 PM)

Dear Sir,

Good day!

I 've worked here for 9 months, and after 3 months probation, i have to ask my accountant that my status and just get verbally informed i'm confirmed and in between only she and me in the conversation. But up to now, i still not yet signed any confirmation letter and informed by HR Department yet. Now I tendered my resignation letter, i considered i'm not a confirmed staff, but HR hold my half month salary and considered im a confirmed staff and i only gave a short noticed( 2 weeks).

In my cases, is't im a confirmed staff? Please give an advise.

Thanks & regards/Casey Wong

KL Siew
Administrator
Mon, 27 Aug 2012 10:35:47 AM

If there is nothing mentioning about notice period for termination of service in your appointment letter, under the Employment Act, the notice should be 4 weeks. If you gave short notice, they may withhold your salary.

Wong kah chin
Mon, 27 Aug 2012 03:03:28 PM
Originally posted by KL Siew on Mon, 27 Aug 2012 10:35:47 AM

If there is nothing mentioning about notice period for termination of service in your appointment letter, under the Employment Act, the notice should be 4 weeks. If you gave short notice, they may withhold your salary.

Dear Sir

Thank you for your reply.In the appointment letter, just mentioned that after satisfactory completion of my probation need giving 1 month notice.

Now I still not yet sign the confirmation letter, can I consider I'm still a not confirmed staff?

Thanks & Regards/Casey Wong

KL Siew
Administrator
Tue, 28 Aug 2012 06:19:57 PM

I would say you are a confirmed staff. Anywhere, you better discuss the issue with your HR and leave in a nice and happy manner so that there will be no misunderstanding.

This topic is closed